Circular No. 22/2017-18 - NATURE CUM EDUCATIONAL TOUR DECEMBER 2017|Grade 4 to Grade 7
NATURE CUM EDUCATIONAL TOUR TO
“GIR FOREST” THE LAST HOME OF THE ASIATIC LIONS. IN DECEMBER 2017.
We propose to organize an Educational Tour of 05 days to “ Gir Forest ” the land of lions in December 2017.The group will depart from Bandra Terminus by 9017 Saurashtra Janta Express on 26th December 2017 for Rajkot (Gir) and will return from Rajkot (Gir) on 30th December 2017. to Mumbai. (During the Christmas Break )
TOUR COST: Rs. 22500 /- per student (All Inclusive) ….. 3 EMI PAYMENTS ARE ALLOWED IF YOU WISH TO.
If parent pays by Installment then all Post Dated Cheques should be attached with the form, Submission of the form will be incomplete without the cheques.
The Cheque for the1st Installment should be of Rs.10500/- with the current date. Last EMI should be cleared 15 days prior to the commencement of the tour (9 December 2017 )
PACKAGE COST INCLUDES:
- To go: travel will be by Train 3 Tier reserved AC sleeper coach & Return: by Flight to Mumbai.
- Deluxe Coach both ways from Rajkot to Gir & back & Safari jeeps in the forest.
- Accommodation in 3 star hotel on 4 sharing basis in spacious luxurious rooms / forest cottages.
- All the meals (American Plan ) VEG & PURE JAIN (Tea/ Coffee both the times, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) along with Unlimited supply of mineral water throughout the tour, no mineral water at the resort as Aqua Guards are fitted there, if still students want Mineral Water at the resort then they can buy on their own from resort canteen at nominal rates.
- All entrances at Park, Museum, Forest safaris, Cultural Program African Tribal’s dance, Guides and Escort charges.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST:
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs (If a student needs special medical attention during the tour, the student along with one teacher or an escort will be flown by Air to the starting point of the tour & the Air Fare will be borne by the parents of the students after the completion of the tourl ).
- The entire tour will be covered live for the students and to relieve this thrilling experience of their life, parents can purchase the DVDS of the tour from our professional video cameraman during the parents meeting only
- Any increase in the duration of the tour due to, delays in transits, any kind of bandhs, strikes, hotel stay, missed connections or any other unforeseen circumstances will be borne by parents (extra on actuals.)
- Increase in, fuel cost , raise in Govt. forest entrance or jeep charges, before or after the commencement of the tour, with or without prior intimation.
- Meals not specified in the itinerary.
- Laundry, soft drinks, telephone calls, baggage, medical, accident insurance,& any expenses of personal nature.
CANCELLATION RULES: Airline cancellation charges as applicable.
Railways: NO SHOW ON PLATFORM IS 100% CANCELLATION
PLEASE NOTE: AS IT IS A FOREST TOUR, CANCELLATION CHARGES WILL BE IMPOSED STRICTLY AS MENTIONED BELOW
- Cancellation letter is a must. No oral or telephonic cancellations will be accepted.
- Once the name is enrolled, Rs. 5000/- will be charged as cancellation charges.
- 50% of the tour cost …………within 30 to 60 days of departure.
- 75% of the tour cost …………within last 30 days of departure.
- NO REFUND ............. within last 15 days of departure.
If the final payment is not received 15 days before the departure of the tour then the name will be assumed as cancelled.
- Cheques should be payable as A/C PAYEE and should be drawn in favour of “Friends Nature Club”or Mr. Ajay Ratnakar.
The students will be led by our teacher Ms.Jennifer Fernandes, tour leader Mr.Ajay Ratnakar & naturalist guides who are knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and friendly who work very hard to ensure that the students have a memorable & rewarding experience.
It is often said that we hold the global environment in trust for our children, and we tend to think of this as applying solely to the children of the future, as a result, we sometimes fail to recognize the role that today’s children can play in helping to preserve, save and restore Planet Earth’s habitats, climates, endangered species and biological diversity.
Welcome to “Friends’ Nature Club” the wildlife people and the only outfitter of truly nature based walking, birding and wildlife operator in Mumbai since 1996 organizing educational tours for schools and other learning institutions. Friends’ Nature Club was formed with the idea of teaching students of today to make an informed decision about the world of tomorrow. Based on years of experience, we have developed highly entertaining and informative programs that teach students and our community respect and care for animals, their habitats and the world at large!
About the Organizer Mr. Ajay Ratnakar.
Mr. Ajay Ratnakar, an Environmental Activist by profession, natively belongs to “Gir Forest” The Last Home of the Asiatic Lions. He is an avid nature lover wanting to be right in nature, he believed that the camping tour would be the closest bet in endeavoring his interests and proximity to the natural wildlife, born & grown up at Gir Forest the land of lions, has helped him to understand the local tribes and also maintaining cordial relations with locals & the forest officials, all this has helped him in leading successful tours with a strong emphasis on Quality comfortable accommodation, wildlife, educational programs, security, food and perfect logistics.
Organiser for the school: "Friends Nature Club" 9819192720/98205999954
About Gir Forest:
The Gir National Park, was established on 18th September, 1965, as a Forest Reserve, primarily to conserve the Asiatic lion. The total area under national park status is about 1412 sq.kms. It is located in the Junagadh District of Gujarat, 65 km south-east of Junagadh city. Sasan, is the headquarters of the sanctuary. Gir is a mixed deciduous type of forest with teak, ber, flame of the forest, jamun, a variety of acacia, particularly babul. It is a hilly tract with plenty of water inside, and offers the visitor long pleasant drives through the thick forest cover.
Gir National Park is the only remaining habitat of the last 523 Asiatic lions, who have been confined to this forest, since 1884 .The Asiatic lion is slightly smaller than its African cousin; nevertheless, a large male lion of the Gir is quite a sight to behold. The best way to observe the big cats is, of course, in their natural surroundings, at dawn and dusk, when they are on the prowl.
Now Identifying Gir Forest only with Lions will be very unfair to the other inhabitants of the park because the same territory is equally claimed by 38 different kinds of animals, 32 species of reptiles & over 327 varieties of birds.
The Leopard, wild boar, striped hyena, jackal, common langur, porcupine, hare, chinkara, are the other animals, that can be found in this sanctuary. There are over 327 bird species including the peafowl, grey partridge, Bonelli's eagle, crested serpent eagle, King Vulture, Hawk, Ibis, Pied Kingfisher, jungle bush quail, painted sand grouse, common green pigeon and several species of doves.
Wildlife viewing in the Gir is best done, by driving around the forest. Early in the morning and in the afternoon students will visit the forest in Gypsies escorted by our guided professionals along with Forest department Guides in every vehicle, to watch and educate them about these magnificent animals in open.
Students will be taken for a trek early in the morning, escorted by our experts. Students will be taught about identifying the foot-prints of lions & leopards; information on bird watching, Medicinal plants, and the vegetation will also be imparted.
TRIBAL DANCE: ORIGINALLY FROM AFRICAN ZULU BUTALI TRIBE.
The Siddis from Africa were brought to Gir by the British & the Nawabs of Junagadh for forestry operations before Independence, Today they are a part of Gir Forest, staying in the heart of Gir for the last 60 years, they still live in the original tribal way, these tribals will perform a typical Bonfire African Tribal dance in the heart of the forest, just for the students of
“Gopi Birla Memorial High School.” A special event organized by us for our children.
VISIT TO THE MALDHARI NESS : Not a part of the tour program, if time permits or any other program if cancelled.
Besides game-watching drives, visit to Maldhari pastoral settlements & Sorathi Rabari pastoral villages is also arranged.
Built on the Hiran River, Kamleshwar Dam is one of the biggest reservoirs in Sasan area. It is situated in the middle of Sasan Gir Wildlife Sanctuary, around 10 km from Sasan. The dam is known for the crocodile-breeding and it is the home for a variety of birds.
GIR ORIENTATION CENTRE:
Area of about 7200 sq feet is converted into a sort of an educational centre where rare photographs of various animals are displayed with their characteristics; it’s a place where students can add on to their knowledge on wildlife.
CROCODILE BREEDING FARM:
It is a Crocodile Rearing Center - a major tourist attraction. The centre abounds in crocodiles varying in size from a few centimeters to 1 m. It is the place where the eggs of the crocodiles are collected for hatching. The students will get an opportunity to explore and experience the world of these endangered species.
LECTURES AND INFORMATION ABOUT WILD LIFE:
The students will be educated by our experts & Mr Ajay Ratnakar about the various wild natural living inhabitants of Gir, Lectures by the Deputy Conservator of the Forest’s. ( if time permits & his availability there )
Ms. Shobhna Laddha.
TOUR APPLICATION FORM (Kindly fill in the Block Letters)
|STUDENT’S FULL NAME:|
|TEL :(O) TEL :(R)|
|MOBILE FATHER: MOBILE MOTHER :|
|EMERGENCY NUMBERS :|
|DATE OF ENROLLMENT : email :|
Gopi Birla Memorial School.
Malabar Hill, Mumbai. 400 006.
NATURE CUM EDUCATIONAL TOUR TO
“GIR FOREST” IN DECEMBER 2017.
I have read the attached circular, and desire my ward, to join the above mentioned educational excursi
I am hereby sending the tour contribution of Rs. 22500/- and request you to register my child’s name for the tour.
I agree to the common cancellation rules and other terms & conditions laid by “Friends Nature Club” as stated therein.
I agree to repay the loss/damage caused by my child knowingly or unknowingly during the tour especially at the Hotel.
I appreciate your assurance for the safety and welfare of my ward, I, the undersigned hereby agree not to hold the School
Management, you and your staff and the teachers or your tour operator or his staff responsible for any matter whatsoever.
GUIDE LINES FOR PARENTS
Cheques should be payable by A/C PAYEE and in favor of Friends Nature Club or Mr. Ajay Ratnakar & in school.
( ALL PDC CHEQUES, should be attached at the time of enrolment without fail, or the Form will be treated as Invalid.)
In case a cheque bounces a fine of Rs. 400/- will be borne by the parent.
Once the name is enrolled in case of cancellation Rs. 5000/- will be charged as cancellation charges.
CANCELLATION RULES : ------ Cancellation letter is a must. No oral or telephonic cancellations please.
Cancellation letter should be addressed to Mr. Ratnakar,
PLEASE NOTE: CANCELLATION CHARGES WILL BE APPLICABLE AS PER THE INFORMATION GIVEN BELOW.
50% of the tour cost ---- Within 30 to 60 days of departure.
75% of the tour cost ---- Within last 30 days of departure. NO SHOW ON PLATFORM = 100% CANCELLATION.
No refund -------- Within last 15 days of departure….No oral or telephonic cancellations.
The date of receipt of the request note for cancellation would be the date the tour operator receives the cancellation letter & not the date mentioned in the letter.
If the final payment is not done before 15 days of departure of the tour, the name of the child will be treated as cancelled as per the rules.
- Any increase in rail fares, fuel costs, raise in Govt. forest entrance charges, before or after the commencement of the tour, with or without prior intimation, will have to be borne by the students joining the excursion.
- Any increase in the duration of the tour due to, delays in transit, hotel stay, missed train or bus connections, bad weather, road blocks, civil disturbances, strikes, natural disasters, wars, bandhs, agitations etc, or any other reason whatsoever, will be borne by the parents of the students the outstanding amount should be paid within 3 days of arrival from the tour. ( failure to do so will attract extra charge))
- MEDICAL : If the student needs special medical attention, The student along with one teacher or an escort will be flown by Air to the starting point of the tour & the Air Fare and road transport for both will be borne by the parents of the student and would be paid after the completion of the tour.
. Cancellation will be treated in effect from the date the Tour Operator receives the cancellation letter. and not the date mentioned in cancellation letter.
P.N. DVDS of the tour will be delivered to the school within 45 working days after the end of the tour.
PLEASE FILL IN CLEARLY AND IN BOLD FORM NOT FILLED PROPERLY WILL BE REJECTED
|Class: Division: GENDER : Male / Female ( please tick on it )|
|Age: Date of Birth: Blood Group:|
|Diet: Please tick very carefully (no onion, garlic, potato etc) = Pure Jain --- Vegetarian = All Incl: --- TEA / COFFEE / MILK|
|PAYMENT MODE: CASH : _________ CHQ NO: _______________________
NAME OF THE BANK : ________________________________________________________
PLEASE WRITE CHEQUE NUMBER, THE DATE & THE NAME OF THE BANK
CHQ NO 1:________________________________________________________
CHQ NO 2:________________________________________________________
CHQ NO 3:________________________________________________________
Name and Signature of the parent ____________________________ ________________________